Chocolatier, Lawyer, and Monk. These are distinct and separate roles and titles, some of which Shawn has held in the past and holds now.
Shawn is the founder of Askinosie chocolate, a chocolate factory that practices direct trade, profit sharing with farmers, as well as a variety of social endeavors.
He is also the author of a fantastic book called, Meaningful Work: A Quest to Do Great Business, Find Your Calling, and Feed Your Soul— a book that everyone listening is likely to enjoy.
We got to dig into his journey into chocolate, his thoughts on vocation and how to find it, and the important distinction between doing and being.
Listen in here:
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What does Shawn do?
- What is the difference between being and doing?
- What is the challenge to him by a monastery brother?
- How to determine our true self?
- How did Shawn get
towhere he is now?
- What were his pivotal career moments?
- Shawn shares a bit of his book.
- Shawn’s words to offer for the people who are lost like he was before.
- Shawn’s wisdom to people who are looking for what to do next.
- How Shawn discerns the moments of calling.
- What is the Paschal mystery and why it matters to Shawn.
- How to turn
sufferinginto a calling.
- His vision for his chocolate factory?
- How to pursue your personal vocation and still work or do business.
- Shawn’s thoughts on the the myth in social entrepreneurship today
- Why Shawn wouldn’t trade what he does today to go back to being a lawyer and earning more.