When his freelance work dried up, Andy j. Miller hit the bottom. With bills due and a family to care for, he did the last thing imaginable for a creative: he started pursuing sales and marketing.
Years later he is now working as an illustrator with his favorite brands and helping people make it in creative careers with Creative Pep Talk.
Listen in here:
Subscribe: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Overcast
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Andy does
- Andy’s vision for Creative pep talks
- Andy’s motivation in life
- How our school standard affect creativity
- Andy’s struggle in some of the darkest moments of his life
- How Andy moved through and past the hard times
- Andy’s advice to people who are going through tough times
- What Andy would say to encourage his younger self
- How we are meant more than we think we are capable of
- How parents influence their children’s future
- Andy’s advice to “start copying people”, and why it’s important
- The right and wrong way to copy people
- Why you should not be afraid to be creative and to try things
- How to make progress in your work
- The frequent issue after college graduation and how to survive them
- How to approach creativity
- How important it is to look back in life as if you are looking at it as a puzzle
- Andy’s answer to the question, “what makes your work meaningful”?
Where to find Andy J. Pizza online:
Get all my favorite books on work, calling, career, and what it means to be human for FREE! Join in here: themeaningmovement.com/giveaway
TheCallingCourse.com – a self-paced experience that helps you navigate the biggest questions in your work and life. Get started for free with a the mini-course 5 Clues to Your Calling.