Jenny Foss is an expert on career transitions. Years ago, when she suddenly found herself a single parent, she did the last thing that many of us would consider doing: starting her own business. I’ll let her tell that story and some of the very smart reasons for that decision. But that eventually propelled her to where she is now combining her experience in writing, marketing, and recruitment to help job seekers make their transitions at jobjenny.com.
Jenny is great at what she does, and, as you’ll hear, she’s such a kind and open person. We talk about her story and how she’s gotten to where she is today, how to get untangled when you feel stuck and unsure of where you’re going, what makes a great resume, and so much more.
Listen in here:
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Jenny ended up where she is today
- How Jenny helps people get untangled when it comes to making a job change or career transition
- What to do when you realize that the position you are in is not suited for you
- How Jenny’s job experiences all come together perfectly in what she does today
- Why you will end up frustrated if you’ll plan every step of the process of your life
- What made Jenny decide to leave the recruitment agency
- The struggles that motivated Jenny to make changes in her own
- The other side jobs Jenny did prior to this
- Jenny shares about her sense of calling, meaning, and purpose in what she does
- Some useful questions to answer before changing careers
- When you need to get out of your current company and when to stay
- Jenny’s three categories and how to use them: “the why, the what, and, the what it’s gonna take”?
- How to utilize your current skill to gain a new one
- What makes a great resume
- What are the things that you need to introduce yourself on a resume
- Why your audience is important in resume writing
- What makes Jenny come alive in what she does.
Where to find Jenny Foss online: