Mary Lamia is a psychologist, psychoanalyst, professor, and author. Her work centers on helping people foster emotional awareness.
As a young girl she became curious about the mind and how it works and began learning anything she could. this set her on a lifelong journey to understand and help others understand the human experience.
We got to talk about her diverse work experience and how she found her way into what she does today. Including her recent book about accomplishment and procrastination and how to reframe those concepts.
Listen in here:
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What makes us feel the way we feel and why it matters
- How Mary found her way into psychology as a young girl and the many twists and turns that her career has taken
- How encouragement from a surprising place helped Mary become a psychoanalyst
- The importance of mentors in helping you get through tough times
- Why Mary thinks Dan should be a psychotherapist
- The power of emotions to shape all of life, from your beliefs to career choices
- How procrastination isn’t a bad thing
- How to find success in your own approach to achievement, whether you procrastinate or not
- The different ways that we are motivated and how to optimize your motivation style
- The importance of remembering and celebrating your successes
TheCallingCourse.com – a self paced experience that helps you navigate the biggest questions in your work and life. Get started for free with a the mini-course 5 Clues to Your Calling.