Dara Paoletti noticed a pattern in her life. She would get into a job, lose herself in it for a few years, and then discover that she was significantly burnt out. She felt empty and spent. She uses the phrase, “work zombie” to describe it.
After going through this a few time, she knew she needed to find another way. She dug in deep to herself and her work, and something new and surprising emerged: a passion for helping people stay engaged, energized, and out of burnout.
In my interview with Dara we talk about the struggle to find your way as a creative with many interests, how to create guardrails against burnout, and so much more.
I loved my time with her, and I think that you will too.
Listen in here:Subscribe: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Overcast | Spotify
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Dara does
- What is her relationship with the word “Life Coach”
- Is this what she dreamed to become when she was little
- How she struggled with burnout
- She shared her journey to where she is now
- Why being different is ok
- Her struggles (and successes!) as a creative person
- Things that lead her to feel she don’t fit in the box
- How to define “burnout”
- Why burned out happens
- Different ways burnout can look
- Dara shares her own burnout story and how she got through it
- How to prevent burnout
- What are “turtle steps” and why they’re helpful