Paul Jarvis is a designer, developer, author, podcaster, and much more. I’ve been following his work for years online.
He just wrote a book that challenges us to think about success, what we want, and how we build careers, projects, and companies in pursuit of those ideals.
Paul and I dig into things like money, partnerships, and how to know when to quit. A super fun conversation. What I love about Paul is his authenticity when it comes to his work. He knows who he is and what he wants, and makes sure that his business supports both of those things.
Listen in here:
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What does Paul does?
- Has Paul always imagined him doing this kind of work?
- How does he keep his focus?
- Where did Paul start his journey?
- What are some of the big moves that brought him to where he is?
- What was his process from being an employee to becoming self-employed?
- The difficulties and obstacles that Paul has faced.
- Paul talks about his latest book.
- How to determine success for yourself?
- How to know you’re in charge of the work you are doing?
- How to become an entrepreneur?
- What Paul thinks about the meaning, purpose and life’s work?
- How projects are motivated by money and motivated by meaning?
- How Paul tests his ideas?
- When to call it quits on projects?
Paul’s book: Company of One