Jay Grandin is a founding partner of GiantAnt— a film and animation studio. He didn’t set out to start a company. He didn’t even plan to pursue film and animation. But one thing lead to another and a quirky thing he did with his girlfriend eventually become a business and career.
Jay’s story has many twists and turns that resonated with me, from the uncertainty of a new endeavor, to the struggle with purpose as a creative as his business grew.
Listen in here:
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Jay does?
- How long has his studio been around?
- How he started his business?
- What his previous career was?
- How he found himself creating online content?
- How his parents influenced his career path?
- Where his practice of saying “Yes” took him?
- What are the pivotal moments in this journey?
- How he made decisions in those pivotal moments?
- Has he ever wanted to go back to his office job?
- How he keeps his business phone ringing?
- Details about working together as a couple.
- What kind of content is he is creating now?
- Who are the clients his studio is working with?
- What is the most meaningful part of what he does
- How has his role shifted as his company has evolved?
- How he handle his whole team and the company?
- What words of wisdom he could offer for us listeners?
Where to find Jay Grandin online: