When Cait Flanders decided to stop spending money for a year, everything changed. What started as a personal experiment with money, turned into a transformational journey and ultimately a book deal.
Today on the podcast, I dig into that experience with Cait, along with things like money, debt, and how important it is to define success for yourself, your work, and especially your money.
I was floored by Cait’s honesty at so many moments in the interview— as I’m sure you’ll hear. She speaks the truth with humility and courage. I left feeling very moved and inspired, and think you will too.
Listen in here:
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Cait does?
- How she gets to do the amazing things she does
- How to be a great freelance writer
- Her journey to become a full-time freelancer
- What she did before writing
- How to talk about finances with family
- How she looks at debt and having debt
- Reasons why we don’t talk about debt
- How she faced her debt head-on
- How to start the journey of dealing with debt
- Cait’s view on a balanced approach towards saving
- Why she doesn’t save 20% of her income
- How writing her book shaped her thoughts about spending money
- How Cait deals with money now
- Important questions you should ask yourself before spending
- What are the things Cait buys now that differ from the past
- Why and when to buy things
- What do calling, career, and passion mean for Cait?
- What is the sense of writing of what it is she has to say?
- What is her advice for people who are facing personal debt?