Over the years of working with people through questions of work, meaning, and what’s next, I’ve worked with a few former dancers. Ballet dancers specifically.
If you pursue ballet at a high level — much like professional sports — you know that there’s a timeline. Your body can only sustain that level of athletics for so long. This is not to mention the all-in commitment required of your time, energy, and focus.
Whether injury, age, or burn-out, sooner or later you’re going to have to do something else, regardless of how much you may love it.
Ben Goodly has been through this transition himself and also helps other dancers find the next thing.
I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with Ben. Our conversation was fun, thoughtful, engaging, and left me wanting more.
Listen in here:Subscribe: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Overcast | Spotify
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Benjamin does
- What is Six Sigma
- What his daily work life is like
- How he transitioned careers
- What are his ventures outside of his career
- How he followed his interests to find a new career
- His writing process
- How he think about calling, purpose and meaning in his life and in his work
- His encouragements for those in stuck places