Update: I am closing this experiment for the time being. If you would like me to write for you feel free to email me at dan at themeaningmovement.com, but know that I am not able to take all offers. Thanks to all of you who participated!
I recently wrote about the Life Experiments concept— trying out new directions or deeper engagement with work that matters to you.
I find myself experimenting often. I just enjoy trying things for the sake of seeing how they go, where they go, and how they feel. And it’s time for me to take another step.
I’ve been writing a lot for the Meaning Movement and really enjoying it. I feel like I’m writing more material than I have places to put it. This is a good thing, but I feel frustrated that I have so much that won’t get read for a very long time. I want to help people expand and change the way they think about the intersection between work and themselves. To do this, I have to find places for my writing to be read and I need to write where others will find me.
With this in mind, I’m trying an experiment— a writing experiment: what would happen if I offered to write for you? What if I wrote a blog post or article for anyone who would like to have something by me? And, what if I asked you to help me find more places to write?
The risk here is that nothing may come of this.
I am afraid that no one will respond and that I’ll feel embarassed for trying.
Which is why I need this to be an experiment.
I want it to be fun and I want to see what happens without the pressure, fear, and weight of failure hanging over my head.
If you have a blog or know someone that does, I will write a guest post for them. Here are the criteria (inspired by the World’s Strongest Librarian)-
- A blog or online magazine of any size— from a personal blog that only your mom reads to the Huffington Post. It just needs it to be linkable.
- A idea for me to write about — preferably something connected to work, meaning, risk, fear, creativity, etc.
- A target word count — preferably 1,000 words or less.
- A topic and/or blog that I would want to be associated with (no spam, nothing criminal, or otherwise offensive material).
Come one come all and join in the writing experiment.
What happens when Dan writes for anyone that would like to feature him?
Leave a comment and tell me that you’re interested. I’ll follow up with you.
This can’t work without you, so spread the word.
Thanks for being a part of this.
Here are some posts I got to write as a result of this little experiment. Much thanks to all of you bloggers and curators who participated!
– We’re All Artist with A Divine Purpose – a theological reflection (thanks Steve!)
– Take a Flying Leap – on risk taking and letting go (thanks Kristen!)
– The Power Of “No” (thanks Wolt and the Overflow Project!)